The post from Personal Trainer Exeter today is inspired by something I saw posted on Facebook by a coach i respect and admire (Kevin Nations – the original is here)
In it he mentions a laptop (a Google Chrome book) that although isn’t as nice as his ipad, it gets the job done. The job in this case is being able to connect to the internet anywhere at any time via any means necessary.
Now in this instance the Chromebook is almost 25% of the price of the mac book, doesn’t look as slick yet it connects anywhere, any time via any means necessary, basically it fulfils what the original intention is!
Now sometimes in life we get caught up in “magpie syndrome” (kind of like Kleptomaniacs but no stealing), we get distracted by shinny stuff that appears to be better!!
Key statement there “appears to be better!”
Better for what, yeah sure the grass always looks greener…
But greener for what, like the picture says isn’t the other side always greener, no matter what side you are on??
Now this seems to always comes back to two things:
1. not being specific on what you want exactly (I will post my thoughts on this later on).
2. Not stopping and asking is what your doing actually getting the job done?
Here in lies the valuable lesson in goal achievement / fitness / business / LIFE in this message. Borrowing from Kevins post:
“Sometimes cheap devices that get the job done beat the fancy flashy options that fall short of the finish line (in this case a laptop that just WORKS AND CONNECTS anywhere I need it to!)…”
- So a simple question to ask yourself “is what I am currently doing getting the job done?”
- YES – keep doing it?
- NO – Stop it and ask “what would I need to do to get the job done?” and “why am I always able to get the job done?” (you can of course replace the word job with fat loss, back pain, goal, whatever…)
- THEN – go out and do new answer, continually review by following above process! – success made simple! 😉
So for those of you in Exeter Devon looking to lose fat:
- “Is what I am currently doing getting me the fat loss results I want?”
- YES – keep doing it and ask “does this help or harm my long term health?” – this helps guard against shitty liquid diets and meal replacement bollocks!
- NO – Stop it and ask “what would I need to do to get those results?” and “why am I always able to get the fat loss results I desire?”
- THEN – go out and do new answer, continually review by following above process! – success made simple!
Don’t be one of those people skipping trend to trend, never getting the results you want.
Always use the questions to check the latest exercise / diet and make sure you have fully researched the long term effects as well. and remember 99.9% of the time the simple, nuts and bolts approach always works, consistently!
As always leave your comments below.